Syringa Mountain School is a public school of choice chartered by the State of Idaho. The State requires that we conduct an annual lottery when demand exceeds the number of available spots.
There are two scenarios for enrollment:
1. Not Full By Enrollment Deadline:
- At the end of the enrollment deadline, if the demand for a given grade does not exceed the initial capacity of the school, then all children who submitted enrollment requests for that grade will receive admission.
- We will continue to accept enrollment until we reach capacity.
- If we continue to receive enrollment requests once we are full, we will establish a waiting list.
2. Demand Exceeds Capacity at Enrollment Deadline:
- If at the enrollment deadline, demand for space for a given grade exceeds capacity, we will hold a lottery for that grade.