Syringa Mountain School is a public charter school. Public charter schools in the State of Idaho follow a state-mandated a process for admissions and enrollment (see Idaho Code Statue 33-5205). When demand for enrollment exceeds the number of available spaces public charters must, annually, hold an enrollment lottery.
How to apply for the 2020-2021 lottery. An Enrollment Application must be completed and submitted to Syringa Mountain School for all students interested in attending SMS for the 2020-2021 school year. Applications may be submitted either electronically or by mail using the address provided on the enrollment application. The State of Idaho requires that your student be 5 years old by September 1st, 2020 in order to attend Kindergarten (please refer to Idaho Code Statute 33-201) for the 2020-2021 school year. Proof of birthdate is required prior to enrolling.
*We will be accepting lottery applications for students eligible for enrollment during the 2020-2021 on January 8th -February 14th (5 years old by September 1st, 2020) school year. Any questions contact email@example.com
Informational Sessions for Interested Families and Students. Syringa Mountain School will host an informational session for Kindergarten and all grades so allow interested students and families to learn more about SMS and to tour the school facilities- date TBA. We are also open for on-going tours during school hours – please contact our main office to schedule a visit!
When to Apply. Syringa Mountain School will be accepting lottery enrollment on Jan. 8th for students entering Kindergarten through 8th grades for the 2012-2021 school year. Syringa Mountain School will continue accepting applications through February 14th, 2020.
**We are only accepting lottery applications for students eligible for enrollment during the 2020-2021 (5 years old by September 1st, 2020) school year.
When is the Lottery? Syringa Mountain School will hold its 2020-2021 enrollment lottery to Date on February 19th at 4021 Glenbrook Drive. The lottery is open to the public.
Lottery Process. The Idaho Legislature established the lottery process for charter school admission in Idaho Code Statute 33-5205. Please review this state statute for details regarding the lottery process. As a brief overview, all applicants are placed into grade-level-specific ‘Lottery Priority Groups’ as follows:
- First Priority: Returning students who are currently enrolled to SMS.
- Second Priority: Founders preference: The children of founders and full-time employees, provided that this admission preference shall be limited to not more than 10 percent of the total enrollment. Once the number of founders’ applicants reaches the 10 percent limit, the remaining children of founders will not be included in this category. Once this category is filled, the remaining students will be categorized according to the highest level of preference for which they are otherwise eligible.
- Third Priority: Siblings of pupils already enrolled in SMS.
- Fourth Priority: Prospective students residing in the primary attendance area of SMS.
- Fifth Priority: Prospective students residing outside the primary attendance area of SMS.
When are Lottery Results Posted? You will receive an email if you are selected.
Offers for Enrollment. All students that secure placement during the lottery will receive an email from Syringa Mountain School providing an ‘Offer for Enrollment.’ Offers of enrollment must be accepted within 48 hrs. If no response is received within 48 hours, the student’s name will be moved to the bottom of the enrollment or waiting list. Students that do not secure placement during the lottery will be placed on the waiting list and will be contacted if space becomes available.
Non-Discrimination: Syringa Mountain School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, and national or ethnic origin in its educational and admissions policies and affords to all students the rights, privileges, programs, and activities made available at the school.